What is Corporate Travel Management?
The corporate travel industry is not only a major economic driver within travel and tourism, it also supports the growth of business across the world through the application of business management process to the travel industry.
Corporate Travel Management is the function of strategically managing a company's travel programme that ensures the safety and productivity of its travellers to achieve business objectives.
Responsibilities of a corporate travel manager can include:
- Managing relationships with travel management companies and travel vendors
- Overseeing all aspects of the corporate travel programme
- Putting in place systems that ensure the safety and security of travellers
- Analyzing data collected from company travel for opportunities to improve the travel programme
- Supporting company's travellers by otimising processes and procedures through all of the phases of the business travel experience
- Negotiating contracts or rates with travel service providers
- Developing travel policy and monitoring compliance